What is Elevate Your Sports Career?
Want to work in sports? Be a GM? An executive? A sports agent? Awesome! No matter what your goals are, it's important to remember that every great sports business professional had to start somewhere. That's where Elevate Your Sports Career comes in.
Elevate Your Sports Career is designed to help college students, recent grads, and people looking to transition into sports find their true path in sports. The course will give you the tools and knowledge necessary to secure your dream job or internship in sports and feel confident moving forward.
With Elevate Your Sports Career, you will discover...
- The entire scope of the jobs available in the sports industry and the secrets to securing your dream job
- How to make yourself an irresistible job candidate in the eyes of the decision maker
- Advanced strategies on building your personal brand and establishing credibility as the go to person in your industry
- How to find your perfect fit in sports from interviews with 20+ sports biz experts
The course includes:
- 25+ Videos
- 20+ Sports Business Experts
- A full vault of strategy guides, worksheets and ready to use documents to help you on your sports career journey
- Lifetime access to private Facebook community to connect with other rising sports stars
Here are the featured experts:
Heather Brooks Karatz - Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC)
Chad Steele - Vice President of Public Relations, Baltimore Ravens
Ryan Lawrence - Senior Vice President, Catalyst Sports and Media
John Beaven - Vice President of Ticket Sales, Golden State Warriors
Blain Skinner - Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships, Los Angeles Lakers
Daniel Guzman - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, US Men's National Team
Kyle Eversgerd - Director of External Football Affairs, Los Angeles Rams
Mark Gress - Vice President of Recruiting, Prodigy Sports
Alan Stein Jr. - Keynote Speaker on Teamwork and Leadership, Host of Pure Sweat Basketball Podcast
Pat Gallagher - EVP of Super Bowl 50, Front Office Executive, 40+ Year Industry Veteran
Brian Wagner - Digital Strategy and Creative Lead, University of Michigan Athletics
Alex Kennedy - NBA Writer, Hoops Hype
Lana Berry - Social Media Strategist, Sports and Lifestyle Influencer
Lorne Segall - Program Director, Manhattan Sports Business Academy
Blake Lawrence - CEO, opendorse
Nicole Imbrogno - Internship Placement Coordinator, Syracuse University
Darin White - Director of Sports Marketing Program, Samford University
Jeff Fellenzer - Senior Lecturer, University of Southern California
Karen Freberg - Associate Professor, University of Louisville
Kari VanHorn - Digital Video Beat Journalist, ABC15 Arizona
Niki Angleton - Business Development, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Travis Gorsch - Community Relations, Oakland Athletics
Scott Cvetkovski - Founder, Positive Sports Leadership
Dawon Baker - Student Athlete and Leadership Development Pro
Our experts have been featured in:
What are they saying?
"When it comes to understanding the sports industry, and providing real and relatable insight on what it takes to grow within the industry Elevate Your Sports Career is second to none. This course, along with Jake's coaching helped me clearly define what skills I possess that will be beneficial for me in the sports world, and helped identify what type of entry level positions will be best in terms of allowing me to utilize those skills. This course also provided me with a great framework on how to bolster my resume and make myself a more attractive candidate for various positions in the industry." - Mike McNamara, Indiana University
Go inside the course
Module 1: Clarity - Understanding the Sports Industry
- Learn what jobs are available in sports and what it takes to make it in the sports world
- Understand what is expected from an entry level employee and what you can do to stand out
- 4 steps to discover a sports career you are passionate about
Module 2: Elevate Your Career Search
- Make your resume so visually appealing recruiters and decision makers will have no choice but to keep reading
- Learn how to crush the interview and land the job in 90 seconds
- Understand how body language impacts a hiring decision
- Discover the secrets to turning your internship into a full time job and your job into a promotion
Module 3: Become a Champion Networker
- Master your elevator pitch and become the most interesting person in the room
- Discover the strategies used to connect with high level influencers, executives and decision makers
- Learn how to leverage LinkedIn for new opportunities
Module 4: Personal Branding
- Learn how to use social media to build your personal brand and connect with industry leaders
- Learn how to build a social media following of over 135,000 from scratch
- Secrets to establishing credibility to become a highly desirable job candidate
- Understand how writing and blogging can create new opportunities through word of mouth and social traffic
Module 5: Find Your Perfect Fit in Sports
- Learn from experts exactly what you need to do in order to land your dream job in any area of the sports industry
- Interviews with top industry professionals in their specific field
- Learn actionable strategies and real world advice on how to break into the area of sports you are most passionate about
- Discover what it takes to become a VP of a sports team or agency
- Plus so much more!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I begin the course?
Right away! You will receive a log-in immediately and can access all the course material whenever you want. It is a completely self -paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
2. How long do I have access to the course?
3. How does the private Facebook group work?
As a student in Elevate Your Sports Career you have exclusive access to a private Facebook community where you can discuss your job search. You will be able to network with other members, ask questions and have the chance for special job postings. Jake will be available to answer questions and help guide you along your journey through "live" Q&As inside the Facebook group.
Elevate Your Sports Career is more than just a video course. It is a team ready to help you win your own championship and secure your dream job.
4. What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with the course, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
5. Is this course really worth the investment?
Yes. Let me give you a few comparisons. This course is equivalent to buying 10-15 drinks depending on where you live, three Xbox games, half of a Coachella ticket or 1 school textbook but the impact it can have is and will be far greater and last much longer.
Forget about the comparisons for a second. How important is finding a job you love? How badly do you want to work in sports? With no job, you make $0. With not working in sports, you are unhappy and make no progress on your goals. When you make this small one time investment in yourself and your future, EYSC will not only help you land a job you love but it will put you on a lifelong path to success in the sports industry.
Jake Kelfer is the bestselling author of Elevate Beyond, a high-energy inspirational speaker and the founder of the Professional Basketball Combine.
He is on a mission to inspire and ELEVATE millions of people on their journey to achieving their own definition of success.
After working for Independent Sports and Entertainment (formerly Relativity Sports), Wasserman Media Group, NBA Summer League, Adidas, HallPass Media, USC and the Los Angeles Lakers, Jake has developed a reputation as an ambitious, rising star of the sports industry. He has built an extensive network and knows what it takes to ELEVATE his game.
Between Jake's career development knowledge and extensive background in the sports industry, Jake decided it was time to combine the two and create a program to help you elevate your sports career and land your dream job.
He decided to focus on making this course interview based so that you would be able to receive the most actionable and practical advice from some of the world's brightest and most successful minds in sports.
If you have any questions about Elevate Your Sports Career or just want to chat, please send Jake an email (email@example.com). You can also visit his website here.